Adopting a Pet
City of Catoosa is proud to announce that an adoption program has been set into place for misplaced dogs. So you’re thinking about adopting a pet. To be sure you are ready for a pet, take a few minutes to answer the following questions:
- Are you ready to make a commitment to a pet for its entire life?
- Do you know and understand the characteristics of the breed you want?
- Are you allowed to have a pet where you live?
- Is your yard large enough to accommodate a pet?
- Will other pets in your home get along with a new one?
- Are you financially prepared for the cost of a veterinarian, high quality pet food and pet supplies?
- What about the cost and time for obedience training?
- Can you afford the time it takes to groom a pet? Can you afford a professional groomer, if needed?
- If you go on vacation, who will take care of your pet?
- If you get a puppy, can you put up with chewing, crying or whining during the teething stage?
- Is it okay if the animal digs in your back yard?
- If you adopt a puppy, do you have the time to house-train it?
- Do you have the patience and discipline to retrain your pet if it has bad habits?
- If you adopt a cat, will you be ready to keep a litter box in your home?
- Can you tolerate a kitten or cat scratching on furniture or carpeting?
- Do you have the patience and discipline to train a cat to scratch on a carpet-covered post?
- Are you willing to keep the cat indoors?
- After a long day at work, do you have the energy it takes to exercise a housebound dog?
Now that you have answered the questions above and you are sure you are ready to adopt a pet contact Amy Kinzey at 918-266-0344.
- Please call 918-266-0344 to see if the animal you are interested in is still available first.
- Our Pet list changes daily.
- Contact Animal Control at 918-266-0344 to schedule an appointment.
- Once you have an appointment, you can visit the Animal Control Building to view the animals.
- The Adoption Application can be picked up at the Animal Control Building.
- All animals adopted from City of Catoosa Animal Control will be spayed or neutered.(No exceptions)
- $25 for the adoption, plus a $ 50 refundable spay/neuter fee.
- There is also a cost of $5 for city pet license for those residing in Catoosa City limits.
Rescue Foundations that have supported City of Catoosa’s Animal Adoption Program: